Gail Honeyman is a graduate of the universities of Glasgow and Oxford. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine was short-listed for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize as a work in progress and is Honeyman’s debut novel. She lives in Glasgow, Scotland.
Meet Eleanor Oliphant: She struggles with appropriate social skills and tends to say exactly what she’s thinking. Nothing is missing in her carefully timetabled life of avoiding social interactions, where weekends are punctuated by frozen pizza, vodka, and phone chats with Mummy.
But everything changes when Eleanor meets Raymond, the bumbling and deeply unhygienic IT guy from her office. When she and Raymond together save Sammy, an elderly gentleman who has fallen on the sidewalk, the three become the kinds of friends who rescue one another from the lives of isolation they have each been living. And it is Raymond’s big heart that will ultimately help Eleanor find the way to repair her own profoundly damaged one.
Smart, warm, uplifting, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine is the story of an out-of-the-ordinary heroine whose deadpan weirdness and unconscious wit make for an irresistible journey as she realizes. . .
The only way to survive is to open your heart.
- 2600 The Hacker Quarterly (Winter)
- Number Theory: An Introduction via the Density of Primes
- 东医宝鉴 汤液篇 卷1 上下
- Anthony Robbins- Ms Workbook``
- Key issues in special education: raising standards of pupils’ attainment and achievement
- Pinheads and Patriots
- The Unbreakable Code
- A Million Years with You: A Memoir of Life Observed
- Le dico des maux. Traitements et remèdes
- Seize the Night
- Biotechnology of Fruit and Nut Crops (Biotechnology in Agriculture Series, Volume 29)
- The Life and Times of Hattusili III and Tuthaliya IV: Proceedings of a Symposium held in honour of J. de Roos, 12-13 December 2003, Leiden
- Do not open: an encyclopedia of the world’s best-kept secrets
- 科学种田专题资料 耕作改制
- Christmas pudding
- 融资之道 公司融资路径与法律风险控制
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- Bound by Design