Gail Honeyman is a graduate of the universities of Glasgow and Oxford. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine was short-listed for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize as a work in progress and is Honeyman’s debut novel. She lives in Glasgow, Scotland.
Meet Eleanor Oliphant: She struggles with appropriate social skills and tends to say exactly what she’s thinking. Nothing is missing in her carefully timetabled life of avoiding social interactions, where weekends are punctuated by frozen pizza, vodka, and phone chats with Mummy.
But everything changes when Eleanor meets Raymond, the bumbling and deeply unhygienic IT guy from her office. When she and Raymond together save Sammy, an elderly gentleman who has fallen on the sidewalk, the three become the kinds of friends who rescue one another from the lives of isolation they have each been living. And it is Raymond’s big heart that will ultimately help Eleanor find the way to repair her own profoundly damaged one.
Smart, warm, uplifting, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine is the story of an out-of-the-ordinary heroine whose deadpan weirdness and unconscious wit make for an irresistible journey as she realizes. . .
The only way to survive is to open your heart.
- The Daddy Shift: How Stay-at-Home Dads, Breadwinning Moms, and Shared Parenting Are Transforming the American Family
- Mastering Photoshop Layers: A Photographer’s Guide
- Career Training and Personal Planning for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Practical Resource for Schools
- Natural Power Foods: Healthy Foods and Recipes to Lift Your Mood and Boost Your Energy Levels
- Shame & Guilt: Masters of Disguise
- Ecological Dynamics on Yellowstone’s Northern Range
- The Working Memory Advantage: Train Your Brain to Function Stronger, Smarter, Faster
- Buddha-nature, Mind, and the Problem of Gradualism in a Comparative Perspective: On the Transmission and Reception of Buddhism in India and Tibet
- Hell’s Angels, le clan de la terreur
- Perfect Soldiers: The 9/11 Hijackers: Who They Were, Why They Did It
- La Fabrique de l’homme occidental
- Le petit bourgeois gentilhomme : Sur les prétentions hégémoniques des classes moyennes
- La grande déculturation
- Late Roman Towns in Britain: Rethinking Change and Decline
- Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed
- Easy-to-Make Arts and Crafts Lamps and Shades